SHRM-LI promotes effective, value-added, professional human resources practices and provides members with a wide variety of professional development opportunities and a networking forum.
Our purpose is to:
- Create opportunities for the exchange of ideas between HR professionals
- Encourage the advancement of the human resource field
- Provide for the professional development of our members
- Mentor those seeking to join the profession
- Provide a collective legislative voice in support of issues affecting human resources
- Promote the field of human resources through community involvement
SHRM-LI endeavors to be the premier human resources professional forum for personal and professional development; provide an opportunity to develop leadership, managerial, public speaking and decision-making skills; provide a local networking arena; and to provide a focus for legislative attention to local, state, and national human resource management issues. SHRM-LI is committed to advancing the human resource profession and the capabilities of all human resource professionals to ensure that HR is an essential and effective partner in developing and executing organizational strategy.