58 South Service Road
Suite 250, Melville
New York State is in the process of finalizing its guidance on the mandated sexual harassment prevention policy and training program with which every employer in the State must comply under the State’s Combating Sexual Harassment in the Workplace initiatives. The initial guidance from the State provides that employers must complete sexual harassment training for all of its employee (management and non-management) by the end of 2018, and annually thereafter. Employers also must train all newly hired employees on sexual harassment prevention within their first 30 days of employment. The reality of this new law is setting in and employers are scrambling to figure out how they can schedule the necessary training and deliver it in a strategic and effective manner – without significant costs.
We have the answer.
On October 19, 2018, Jackson Lewis will be offering a comprehensive Train-The-Trainer program to which employers can send designated representatives who will take on the training responsibilities within the employer’s organization.
At this interactive session, attendees will be trained on:
- The law of sexual harassment, what constitutes unlawful harassment, identifying and responding to sexual harassment in the workplace, how best to manage sexual harassment issues, and supervisory responsibilities under the law;
- How to train other employees on the above topics in an effective, strategic manner;
- How to respond to tough employee questions when delivering the training; and
- How to investigate sexual harassment matters with an eye on litigation avoidance.
- Issued a model anti-harassment policy / complaint form which is fully compliant with NYS law and prepared from an employer perspective (as opposed to the NYS model);
- Issued training materials and training notes which are fully compliant with NYS law and, again, prepared from an employer perspective (as opposed to the NYS model);
- Provided a list of frequently asked questions at training along with model responses; and
- Provided the opportunity to conduct a training session for JL attorneys and other attendees to ensure comfort with the materials and topic.
LOCATION: Jackson Lewis P.C.,
58 S. Service Road, Suite 250
Melville, NY 11747