Save the Date – Upcoming Sessions
December 17, 2020 – Spying, Tampering and Theft: Labor and Employment Laws Involving Data Breaches
January 21, 2021 – Immigration Law: Current Policies and Post-Election Possibilities
February 18, 2021 – Diversity & Inclusion: What to Do in the Spotlight?
March 18, 2021 – Wage and Hour: DOL Reshaping the Landscape
April 22, 2021 – From the Plaintiff’s Side: A View from Across the Table
May 20, 2021 – Workplace Safety and Health
June 17, 2021 – Employee Benefits Update
July 15, 2021 – Non-competes and Protecting Yourself from Unfair Competition
Have A Legal Question?
Call SHRM-LI’s FREE JL Legal Hotline
Jackson Lewis P.C. Representatives:
Chris Valentino, Esq. (631-247-4653)
Ana Shields, Esq. (631-247-4657)
John Porta, Esq. (631-247-4650)
Be sure to identify yourself as a SHRM-LI Chapter Member
Note: The Hotline is designed to assist Chapter Members in making day-to-day human resources decisions, while minimizing their exposure to employment law litigation and administrative agency proceedings. The Hotline allows callers to receive answers to questions involving general employment law and personnel matters and obtain information about the design, implementation, legality and effectiveness of current and anticipated personnel policies and programs. The program aims to provide Chapter Members with answers to relatively straightforward questions. The Hotline is not intended to serve as a substitute for ongoing legal advice and counsel. Rather, it is designed to provide callers with quick answers to basic questions. Inquiries that may require extensive research, review of personnel documentation or preparation of personnel policies or forms are beyond the scope of this proposed Hotline service.
The following information is provided by SHRM-LI’s Chapter Sponsor, Jackson Lewis P.C. We thank them for their continued support of the Long Island Chapter and encourage SHRM-LI Members to contact them on our Free Legal Hotline with your Employment Law questions.
- Texas Court Grants Nationwide Preliminary Injunction Enjoining Department of Labor from Implementing or Enforcing Regulation Raising Salary Level for White Collar Exemptions
- LEGAL ALERT – New, Proposed Revisions to Overtime Exemption Regulations are Published/New York City Enacts “Ban the Box” Law
- Increased Exposure Under New York City’s Human Rights Law Continues
- Governor Cuomo Officially Repeals Annual Pay Notices
- NY Legislature, Governor Cuomo Reach Agreement On Repeal of Annual Wage Notice
- With WTPA Amendments In Limbo, New York Employers Must Preparee for Another Round of “Those (Annual) Notices”
- Is Your “Non-Fraternization” Policy Lawful?
- Wage Theft Prevention Act Annual Notice Requirement Remains In Effect
- “Tis The Season” Lost Productivity & Cyber-Threats
- Employer Obligations In The Aftermath Of A National Disaster
- Obama Wins Workplace Law Implications of 2012 Presidential Election