WELCOME TO SHRM-LI
Dear SHRM-LI Friends and Colleagues:
When I assumed the Presidency of SHRM-LI in 2011, I was humbled by the confidence bestowed on me and more than just a little frightened about what I was getting myself into.
How could I possibly live up to the expectations of the position? Was I up to the task? And would SHRM-LI even survive the next 2 years? 2 years ago, you the membership trusted me to lead the Chapter in the right direction and while I wasn’t completely sure I trusted myself I devoted myself to the advancement of the Human Resource profession and specifically SHRM-LI.
Now 2 years later I am even more humbled by your vote of confidence. In 2011 I had no track record and yet you “took a chance” on me. Today with my track record firmly in place you honor me with your continued trust and confidence.
The last 2 years have been a whirlwind of activity for the Chapter with many significant accomplishments and undertakings. Some of the highlights include, in no specific order:
1) Launched a new logo and a new and improved website;
2) Created an active presence on 6 social media sites earning us Honorable Mention for a SHRM Pinnacle Award;
3) Continued the growth of our Business Directory, adding new sponsor categories
4) Achieved Star status on our membership renewal goal with a record number of “At- Large” members designating SHRM-LI.
5) Achieved SHAPE Silver level recognition 2 years running
6) Contributed record breaking donations to the SHRM Foundation achieving Champion status
7) Successfully launched the Virtual HR (VHR) Program
8) Increased awareness and activism on legislative issues affecting Long Island
9) Hosted 2 highly successful Conferences & Holiday Parties
10) Initiated a new Emerging Leaders Special Interest Group
11) Achieved record setting attendance at our Monthly Meetings and have a new meeting location
However, I cannot lay claim to these considerable achievements. The success of our chapter has always been and continues to remain a direct result of all of our Volunteer Leaders, our Committee Chairs, Co-chairs and Committee Members. It is their passion, drive, loyalty and dedication that continue to propel our Chapter to prominence. I am so very proud to be affiliated with such a group of dedicated and hard working professionals. You inspire me!!
I would also like to specifically thank our Corporate Sponsors, Jackson Lewis LLP and Five Star Financial Group an Office of MetLife for their continued loyalty and belief in our Chapter. Our sincerest appreciation goes to our Business Directory Partners and Conference Sponsors as well. Without the steadfast support of these organizations we would not be able to provide the membership with the activities and programming we’ve all come to expect from SHRM-LI.
Finally, no words could ever express our appreciation and gratitude to our Executive Director and Conference Producer, Linda Selden-Paduano. Without her tireless, meticulous and determined efforts on behalf of the Chapter we could never even dream of achieving the level of success we enjoy today.
So on behalf of your incoming Board, Christel Colón SPHR (President Elect), Nicole Quinn (Treasurer), Lisa Dippel PHR (Secretary) and myself I again thank you for your vote of confidence and look forward to continued success and achievements for SHRM-LI in 2013 and beyond. Thank you!
Annette Perry, PHR
President – SHRM-LI